Posted on May - 17 - 2011 by Mary Sevilla
Housekeeping staff is usually employed by hotels and hospitals in order to clean and maintain the rooms that either have. Such professionals may also be employed within a household. All tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, changing linen, ordering housekeeping supplies, mopping floors, and overall organization come under the responsibilities of a housekeeper. It is important that a housekeeper be physically fit to perform long hours of such duties. This is the general job description of a housekeeper, and the duties may vary based on the setting the housekeeper works in. In any case, housekeeping is a job that offers growth over time, and to avail of better opportunities, what you need is a good resume to convince your potential employer that you are perfect for the job. Here, we provide you with a sample housekeeper resume so that you can write one based on your experience and skill. Take a look.
Writing a Housekeeper’s Resume
The beginning of your resume is dedicated to explaining your skills as a housekeeper. Your resume as that of a housekeeper should have a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities in the previous job. However, these should be related details and not unnecessary details. Finally, you should mention your education details in short. If you have any additional related certification, ensure that you mention it under the education section. Ideally, your resume should not be very long. It should be specific to the requirements that the potential employer is seeking in an employee. Here’s a look into the sample so that you get a better understanding of what is required on a housekeeper’s resume.
Resume Sample for a Housekeeper Your NameYour Address Your Contact Number Your E-Mail Address
To use my vast experience in housekeeping to improve and maintain housekeeping standards, as well as customer relations in any organization I work for.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
Executive Housekeeper with 5 years of experience, possessing expertise in the following areas:
- Complete knowledge of cleaning equipment used in housekeeping
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision
- Detail oriented individual with a passion for cleanliness and organization
- Excellent leadership as well as team playing skills
- Can easily multitask in fast-paced environments
Hotel Maple Leaf
Executive Housekeeper, 2007-Present
- Responsible for training and supervising the entire housekeeping staff
- Training staff to take up new and more responsible positions
- Handling customer complaints pertaining to housekeeping and suitably resolving any related issues
- Maintaining a budget within which all department expenses were handled
- Reviewing housekeeping staff on a bi-weekly basis to ensure all tasks have been carried out with maximum efficiency while keeping customer satisfaction in mind at all times
Western Beach Resorts
Housekeeping Assistant, 2006-07
- Managed daily cleaning operations in guest rooms in accordance with cleaning standards
- Conducted inventories and prepared purchase orders for necessary housekeeping supplies
- Carried out daily room inspections to ensure all cleaning standards have been met
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
ABC University, Austin, Texas
Associate Degree in Hospitality Management
References and Supporting Documents Provided upon Request
Hopefully, you have found this resource helpful in drafting your own resume. As mentioned earlier, this sample can be modified to include your personal skills and abilities. Even if you are new in the field and have no experience, focus on the qualities you possess that you think will make you perfect for the job. These may include hard work, a passion for cleanliness, dedication to provide the best quality customer service, and the like. Also remember to include any volunteer or internship experience you have had in the past to give your resume an additional boost. All these factors when included in your resume will make it perfect and will definitely help you get that job you desire. Good luck!